View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Any good recommendation sites?

It seems to me that Amazon and Goodreads use algorithms that force new titles to the top of recommendation lists.

As an example I wanted a change from reading novels and decided to download some biographies. Type 'biographies' into Amazon and it produces a pretty odd list of mostly inconsequential people.

Do the same with Goodreads and the first section is about New Releases. Go further down to Popular Biographies and the top one is about Steve Jobs. Come off it. Is Mr Jobs really the most popular man who has had a biography written about him?

Travel in Goodreads produces, in my view, a list that is not so orientated to recent publications.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can get some suggestions that don't ignore the good writing of the past?
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote