View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #35
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Awesome find, to me at least. To get it free is even better! Thanks! We've got some great ebook-deal finders in this forum.

Two negatives: the book just covers fortifications and building technology in Europe, and that just from about the Middle Ages. Secondly, there is no table of contents, or index that I could find. And, in the Kindle Cloud Reader, at least, the "book is not yet enabled for searching." Neither of these mitigate what I said in the first sentence of this post!
There is a standard Kindle TOC via the usual GoTo menu.

There is also quite a lot about the Romans, see the image of a Roman march camp at loc 201 (from Masada, Israel - preserved in the desert) and of course many European towns started from Roman military roots.

Search worked on my Fire and when I tapped on the image above "Video..." at the beginning I was taken to YouTube !