View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 05:42 AM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
Hi,

first I am talking about Kindle Paperwhite. It has notes and highlights stored in file MyClippings.txt This file can be, and it is, removed when you do reboot or sometimes when software is updated. I had made in past few copies of this file. I like to read them using the annotation plug-in.

I have found in developer_notes.txt file in the plugin's zip following note:

I was wondering should dragging and dropping of myClippings.txt file on the icon of the annotation plugin work like it is described in point 1?

At this moment it doesn't work for me and I am not sure:
  1. Did I misunderstand the note in point 1
  2. Is MyClippings.txt file not the expected format
  3. or is something broken?
No, you don't misunderstand anything, and there isn't anything broken. The problem is that dropping a file on the button triggers the import function. This will read a file to get the annotations, but there is no code to handle importing from this type of file.

The plugin has two ways to get annotations. "Fetch" is used to get annotations from the connected device. "Import" is used to get the annotations from a file or pasted into a prompt. In both cases, there needs to be some code to handle the format. For import, the only known format is "Goodreader" which is an iOS reading app.

It might be possible to create the import code for the myClippings.txt file. But, can you copy it back to the Kindle and do a fetch? Maybe backup the current file, put your old version on, fetch the annotations and the put the current file back.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote