View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have been going through the same process and finding it quite hard work initially.

You may notice that I updated the wiki page with an alternative way of effectively achieving the same thing. You might want to update that page with your own findings/ecperience. Getting it more ccurate and comprehensive can only be a good thing

I think it will be a good idea if a number of developers start using the Windows environment as their primary one. I am sure that there are a number of areas in which Calibre could have minor changes to make it perform better in a Windows environment. I know that kovid wants to keep Calibre OS neutral, but as it is likely that a significant proportion of Calibre users are Windows based small tweaks that have large benefits might be acceptable, particularily if he does not have to develop and test them .
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote