View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:34 AM   #12
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez View Post
Yes, even in the areas outside the metro (Minneapolis/St. Paul) they still move a lot of ebooks in Minnesota. Unfortunately, the same ancient parochial "no, they're OUR ebooks and YOU can't borrow them" is still in full force. Not everywhere, but definitely in Hennepin County (Minneapolis).
Hennepin County used to allow people who are registered in their system to check out ebooks, but it's my impression that Overdrive was the driving force to discontinue doing that. Some of the other Hennepin County online databases are available to non-residents who are registered there, which is why I suspect it's Overdrive's policy, and not HC's.

I'm assuming that as a St. Paul resident, I can't check out ebooks from Ramsey county either, because St. Paul has its own library system and the library tax goes to it. We have both Overdrive and 3M, and sometimes the same book can be checked out from either system, which is nice when there's a waiting list at one site but not the other.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote