View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #15
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
What do you mean "the markup stream"? The first zipped file after "mimetype"? The first entry in the <spine>?
The latter, just the first spine/itemref.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I think I used the markup suggested in the page both of you linked, in my test file (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32036), could you try it and tell me whether it's working as it should?
It certainly does work, although Iíd suggest a few changes:
  • Definitely incorrect is that your guide/reference[@type="cover"] @href should refer to "Cover.xhtml" instead of the cover raster image. The OPS states that "each reference must have an href attribute referring to an OPS Content Document included in the manifest."
  • Iím not sure the @id="Cover" itemref should be @linear="no". AdobeDE ignores the @linear attribute when rendering the linear reading-order, but another system could use it and consider the first page of the first @linear="yes" content-stream as the "cover." Certainly all the books Iíve looked at have the cover as (an implied) @linear="yes".
  • You might try making the content of Cover.xhtml be an SVG encapsulation of the cover image, which will allow the image to fill the first whole "page" in SVG-supporting reading systems (which according to the spec should be all of them, but hey...). Check out the Adobe EPUB Best Practices Guide for an example.
  • You may want to consider not having @id attributes distinguished only by case. Not that itís wrong Ė just confusing. :-)
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote