Thread: 5.6.1 PW2
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinderz View Post
So I turned on the Wifi attempted to update KO reader OTA (i was in the app) without noticing my freaking kindle updated to 5.6.1 itself... little did I know that it is possible to silent update without my demand.

So I've checked a lot of threads here about the 5.6.1 update
a majority says I am screwed.

I only want KOReader working since I am read pdfs *large pdf >500MB

KUAL says
"KUAL v2.5. Handle FW >= 5.6.1 (w/ the help of the latest JB)."
but what is the latest JB?

I tried to install it but i get an Error: An error occured while trying to open this item. If the problem persists, please contact Kindle Customer Service at www.kindle.com/support

So I've read the FAQs then I see this:
"You either fell victim to a silent OTA update, or you unregistered your device since the last time you tried to launch a Kindlet.
The fix is simple: reinstall MKK."

So ok, I will try install MKK again
got the file and update grays out...

according to my backups my jailbreak should be on the following, according to my backups:
kindle-jailbreak-1.10.N-r10721.tar
kindle-mkk-20140214-r10682.tar
KUAL-v2.4.1-gdd8365d-20140726.tar(1)

So is my kindle screwed as most forums answered or is it fixable to get to KOReader?
Currently screwed...if you had JB version >= 1.13 you would have been okay. You'll need to wait until (NOT "if" ) the Dev's here get things sorted.

Last edited by GoSharks; 12-14-2014 at 02:29 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote