View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #25
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
Can someone please explain the usage of soPdf (I'm a newbie). Why would I want to take a PDF file and convert to another PDF file? Ultimately, for my Sony 505, my preference would be an LRF file, but
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
I hope there's more to the explanation than that. I like to understand things. Why is it easier to read?

There is another limit to PDFLRF. Because the text is now turned into an image the view will be the same for S/M/L. And while PDFLRF does a good job smoothing fonts there are still times when fonts pixelization are still displayed.

With soPDF the text and layout is preserved. The only thing that is modified(removed really) is the borders, PDFLRF also removes the margin. So now instead of trying to view a PDF (typically 8.5x11") down to a 6" screen you are trying to view (7.5x10") (margin are usually 1") which makes it much easier to view the text. Because the PDF is still text base text reflow still works and the font size can be increase if need be.

With soPDF and PDFCroper I find I rarely if ever use PDFLRF.

Hope this helps,
=X=

Last edited by =X=; 12-03-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote