View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #82
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think I have it figured out ... Amazon could skin kittens alive and force their employees to watch without pay and you would find a way to apologize for them.
No, I will simply say that anyone who claims any such thing is mentally deranged and lacking any credibility. It is a ludicrous claim,... which is why you used it as an example.

I wouldn't say people are deranged and deserving of time in a rubber room, because they think Amazon is being unfair.
Although I happen to give Amazon policymakers more credit for basic human intelligence than you do -- to wit, that they wouldn't spend money on these security scans if they didn't think it were necessary to stop merchandise from going on adventures to peoples' houses.

And assuming it is indeed necessary to check people... then, as Hitch said: why should Amazon reward the employees by paying them for the time spent stopping them from stealing?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote