View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #46
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
An approximation of where to expect glue. If you have to open it, I think it's best to start from the top left or top right corner, and not from the bottom since there's more glue and more sensitive bits down there (LED, light layer). Maybe warming it up a little would also help to soften the glue, I don't know. It was rather cold when I tried it and it did not come off easily.

As for the exact position of the SD card... the top left corner of the SD card is 18mm from the top and 28mm from the left, so it's pretty much aligned to the power button, which is 11mm-28mm from the left, so the SD card starts where the power button ends. And the SD card ends where the Kobo logo starts (on the X axis). It does not actually reach into the Kobo logo as the illustration makes it appear, the scale is quite inaccurate, sorry...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo-h2o-glue.png
Views:	1271
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	132269   Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo-h2o-sdcard.png
Views:	1188
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	132270