View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Max has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
Device: iLiad, DR1000s
another image, cbr and cbz viewer

iViewer is a image viewer that accept compressed files (.cbr, .cbz). I use part of the program Comical by James Leighton and part of the ipdf.

the program use the package pikbuf-loader-0.1-ar.ipk from Adam B and I use iliad-regutils-0.1-arm.ipk form Martinj to register the application.

The files that launch iViewer are: .cbr .cbz and .gif . When you open .gif files iViewer scans the folder for all the images.

Use the page bar to change the image,
a long press in the dot button will change to fullscreen another long press will undo the fullscreen.

the image type accepted are : jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, gif (tested) and ico, wbmp wmf ras, pnm and ani (untested) .

I included a gif image. Copy this gif in any folder with images that you want to see using iViewer.

- turn page with the pagebar
- fullscreen with a long press in the dot button
- two pages images are displayed in landscape mode
- shows last page displayed when you open the app.

---> Install (only tested in cf)
1 - uncompress the zip file in you cf, a iViewer folder with two folders (install, uninstall) will be created.

2 - navigate inside iViewer and click install, if every thing works fine a new entry in the counter list will be created indicate a successful installation.

3 - close and open the iliad. to finish the install. (the iviewer will be installed in the folder cf/Programs/iViewer)

I'm working hard to test the application but make me know if you find any bug.

I just notice that I compiled iViewer with the log option on. I recompiled, now the program is 5 K smaller and (I hope) a little bit faster.

Modified installers to allow installation in 2.12.1 firmware (book edition).

Known problems:
- problems installing in SD card
- 5" - 8" long to turn page with images of 500K - 700K (busy light is off during this time)
- no sort of the images in the cbz

Thanks to the people who report this problems.

I created a new Project in Dev-hub. Now you can download source there.

I corrected the problem with images that make the app crash. I loaded the new version.

If you have the old version installed, uninstall it first.
After cleaning the code the app is now 279.4kb

Jelco, has implemented the sort for CBZ files, you can find the program at

thanks, JELCO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.gif
Views:	708
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	18538  
Attached Files
File Type: gz iViewer-1.0-fw-2.12.1.tar.gz (397.8 KB, 793 views)
File Type: gz iViewer-1.0-fw-2.12.tar.gz (397.8 KB, 798 views)
File Type: doc 0.doc (478.0 KB, 349 views)

Last edited by Max; 01-10-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: project at Dev Hub.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote