View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous04 View Post
I'm using Calibre on a new system and I'm still getting the same error, so the problem is almost certainly caused by the Kindle.

I ran version 1.4.4 of the test but I'm not getting the path for the book:
Spoiler:

C:\Windows\system32>calibre-customize -a "..\Annotations.zip"
Python function terminated unexpectedly
Cannot access u'..\\Annotations.zip' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 666, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 386, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 185, in load
calibre.customize.PluginNotFound: Cannot access u'..\\Annotations.zip'

C:\Windows\system32>rem SET CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM=D:\Development\GitHub\calibre \src

C:\Windows\system32>calibre-debug -s
No running calibre found

C:\Windows\system32>calibre-debug -g
calibre 2.10 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Annotations && iOS reader applications && Marvin XD
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Annotations plugin 1.4.3 (Windows) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DEBUG: 0.0 libiMobileDevice:__init__()

DEBUG: 26.8 Book on device title: The Open Society and Its Enemies
DEBUG: 26.9 Book on device title: The Story of Civilization, Volume II: The Life of Greece
calibre 2.10 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Annotations && iOS reader applications && Marvin XD
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 333, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 522, in get_annotated_books_on_usb_device
File "c:\users\alexan~1\appdata\local\temp\calibre_anno tations_plugin\Kindle.py", line 168, in get_installed_books
File "c:\users\alexan~1\appdata\local\temp\calibre_anno tations_plugin\Kindle.py", line 264, in _get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\mobi.py", line 493, in get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader\headers.py", line 273, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader\headers.py", line 301, in identity
MobiError: Unknown book type: cÌÆ}ÝÝ›Å

I think you loaded the wrong version. The message says 1.4.3 not 1.4.4. Plus it is missing the logging I added in 1.4.4. The version you need is in this post.

And, it is something on the device. The error is that the plugin is trying to read a book to get metadata. It is trying to read it as a mobi (or related format). But, when the calibre routines check the format by looking at a particular spot in the file, it is not finding the expected value. It is finding what is shown in the last line of the log.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote