View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #67
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse View Post
I love my old PRS-T1 after rooting it and reading with Cool Reader!
Well, I'd love that too. Unfortunately, they closed the loophole that allowed T1s to be rooted shortly after releasing the T2s, and my version can't be rooted (or at least nobody has figured out how to do so up to May of this year, when I last tried).

Generally, I wouldn't care if the wifi was broken—I update my books via calibre—but not having USB is a bit of a pain.

I don't agree with the other poster that the hardware is too underpowered to run Android. I've never had a crash that was due to Android: all my crashes occur when adding notes, and they're reproducible, so it's the reader software.

Honestly, if Sony wanted to buy some goodwill, they'd put out one last software upgrade that made it posssible to root all the Sony Android readers.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote