View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 01:42 PM   #101
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I didn't know there were readers featuring automatic rotation...
Tablets and phones.
Not only that, my old Cybook Orizon has an accelerometer too.

@Pablo: What I mean is automatic rotation of the whole reader, not of individual images (I don't know of any reader that has this either). Turn the reader and you can read in portrait or landscape, it is funny when you turn the reader to see a landscape picture and picture keeps turning away.

Sure, as theducks says this feature can be turned off, but it can still be an inconvenience. Another problem case comes when some (human) reader prefers to read in landscape orientation, the rotated picture then becomes unnecessarily small (and awkward).

I'm still not sure what is the best choice, but I think I prefer the images in their natural orientation, and hope that the reader can be turned or the image zoomed if needed.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote