View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 05:11 AM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekweb
Laurens, I've never had an issue with my T3 and PT. But ... that's different hardware. *shrug* Wonder if there might be something with the materials used within the headphone jack on the TE2 and TX.
Some background noise is unavoidable due to electronic interference. The problem is that Palm has set the headphone output way too loud on some of their PDA's. To listen at a comfortable level, you have to use a low volume and the background noise becomes very noticable then.

One workaround is to buy headphones with volume control. Crank up the volume on the PDA to drown out the background hiss and turn down the volume on the headphones. Unfortunately, most high-end earplugs don't have volume control.

I would've bought the TX if it didn't have such poor audio output. Since one of the main uses of my PDA is to listen to internet radio over WiFi, it's a real deal-breaker for me.