View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 12:24 AM   #39
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by webroot View Post
Generally a mobile apps are easy to reverse engineer take an example of android apk files a newbie programmer can do that. I guess why pc based were attacked more because it was comfortable to work on a pc and run various tools than on a mobile but thats one side of it. I wonder how is a hardware reader easy to break because there vendor has more control on what can be installed and what can be plugged to it. After all this amazon kindle is all most the same.
By reverse engineer do you mean script kiddies using common scripts to break the DRM?

Kind of the way even a beginner ebook-reader can break Amazon/ADE DRM?

There is no significant difference between the two except as you say, running the tools on a mobile device. And remember, calibre doesn't run on Android.

Hardware readers are just as locked down as PCs and tablets and smartphones i.e. not, once someone has jammed a serial cable into the innards and gained a command-line prompt.

Quote:
Lets us hypothesis a world where drm is non existent, then everything can be obtained for free is there a possibility for a new culture that wants everything for free and never likes to pays. I mean when nobody is paying why should the rest should pay? if you know what is culture!
You are under the highly disturbing misapprehension that no DRM (encryption, that is) is the same as available for free. That makes it very difficult to hold a meaningful conversation.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote