View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, Jetbook Mini, Jetbook Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I have been using Neodymium magnets next to my Kindle screen for some months. They have had absolutely NO effect at all.

You may have a different result, but that's what my experience has been. I have four 1/2 inch by 1/8th inch Neodymium magnets right up close and personal. Hasn't done anything to the screen, or to the memory.

Again .... that is my experience.
Exactly!
This makes me think about the e-ink screen, if it is a hoax to believe there is really magnetism involved with this screen.

I mean, if you look at esquire's 75'th edition e-ink screen,they used a similar approach on a plastic foil.
I'm sure there was no magnetism involved there,since the screen is just laminated with 2 plastic layers,and there's absolutely no visible magnet there!

There was not even liquid there (the screen was cut with a knife, and still worked),otherwise you'd expect the screen once destroyed, would leak,and stop to function.

Last edited by ProDigit; 11-23-2008 at 09:02 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote