View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #30
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerboy View Post
I feel like I want to do this, but then I wonder and fear that the result will be some spectacularly bad bastardised hybrid of my favourite books.
Do you find your writing to be original, whatever that means, or is it a hybrid that you end up hoping no-one will recognise as a rewrite of other novels?
Your (or mine) first draft might as well end up a spectacularly bad bastardized hybrid of your own original ideas. Whatever that means. At this point in history there's hardly a character, setting or plot turn that haven't been done multiple times before. It's how you spin it and whether or not it all comes together nicely.
But, yeah, I wouldn't worry about it before December. That's why first draft is often called sh***y draft: it's just a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimaPrince View Post
The point to NaNo, is to just write, and have fun, and loose sleep over trying to make that 50,000 word goal :P (I don't advise the loosing sleep part though.)
I'd say, if you do lose your sleep, at least sit down and write
hoichi is offline   Reply With Quote