View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 01:44 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle
...and authors might make less money....
I know a bit about the publishing industry -- generally speaking, authors really don't make that much money to begin with, the publishers do. If the authors made less than the already small amount they make now, they wouldn't be able to spend their time writing, they'd have to spend it doing something that makes money so that they can get that not-free food you mention.

If it helps, think of the p-book mimicking e-book as a ... transitional stage, rather like a larva, that would allow all concerned to discover a new equilibrium, rather like mp3's are doing. Revolution is great so long as the battles aren't fought in your corn field. I'm thinking it's far better to have a more gradual shift than a great upheaval that causes huge destruction before it allows benefit to grow from the rubble.

Just my thoughts....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote