View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 03:34 AM   #33
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 and Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcube View Post
How do I know if my Mobipocket book is DRM? Its a .prc file. I thought I could use Bookshelf to read mobipocket books?
If you had to select one format before buying the ebook then most likely it has DRM. If you have a Windows PC, try reading it with Windows MobiPocket Desktop Reader. If it does not open (e.g. you get an error about vendor not found), then it has DRM and it is not authorized for your PC. If it does open, then in the library view right click on the ebook and select options to see if it is encrypted or not. On a Mac, try reading it with Stanza - if it does not open it probably has DRM.

A DRMed MOBI ebook can be authorized for up to 4 devices, so if your target device has Reader software from MobiPocket available all you need do is register its PID and redownload the ebook. However, MobiPocket does not have a reader for the iPod Touch yet. So your best option is to use mobidedrm to strip the DRM and then use Stanza (say) to read the ebook.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote