View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
stethorn
Connoisseur
stethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo
Aura h2o or voyage

Looking to treat my self to a new e reader. Really can't decide between the h2o and voyage. Currently have a kobo glo at the moment. Really like the openness of it, but also love my kk were you can just pick it up and not be distracted by the settings. Also if I leave my glo for a week or 2 the battery drains, my kindle kk never did this.
The larger screen on the kobo looks good, but worried about it being too heavy when reading at night.
The reason why I ended up with the kobo glo was because all the screen issues the original pw had, but I have been itching to back on a kindle. I jumped right on the voyage pre order (not decided if to go for 3g or not), but now I have looked at the h2o I am in 2 minds.
Love the look of the page press buttons on the kindle, really miss those from the kk so that's a huge selling point, the Amazon support also. Can't be beat. Just concerned if the screens will be patchy again.
As for the kobo, really tempted by the big screen, just hope it's not too big. Sd card reader is nice, but never used it on glo, but really want to start using it. The water protection is not really a big thing, it will come in handy walking to the office if I get drowned in a rain storm.
Really need help choosing, the screen and battery life are the big things. Then getting books onto it. Does kobo have any way to load books remotely if not purchase from kobo, and do you still need Kepub to make use of time left, etc
stethorn is offline   Reply With Quote