View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #9
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Just remember: if it looks fancy ... text-reflow and font-resizing will probably try to beat it up and steal its lunch-money.
Yep! Especially those that try to fit text INSIDE of a shape... I can only imagine the horrors that will occur when the font-size gets larger.

The CSS that allows it to just wrap around an alpha of an image seems pretty helpful though.

In LaTeX, there is also this package called shapepar, which does the same thing. You can see a few examples here:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questi...-shape-in-tikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
IMHO these are only gimmicks, that uselessly complicate the things
I agree. Although I bet people were saying the same things with that "new-fangled CSS" over just raw HTML or plain text files.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 09-19-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote