View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #166
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
They were published by Ace when I was reading them in the early-to-mid 60s. And A. Bertram Chandler's stuff was more often than not packaged in "Ace Double" two-fers.

And I managed to catch a few of Chandler's short stories in their original appearances in If and Worlds of Tomorrow. One thing I really think is a shame is that the stories are reprinted without the illustrations that went along with them. I can't believe it would be that expensive to track down and buy the rights to B&W illustrations. And they should show up properly in any ereader.

Ah, well. Off to the Vent and Rant thread.
Well, DAW had them in the 80's.

https://openlibrary.org/search?sort=...sher_facet=DAW

I have a few ACE doubles (most notably Mack Reynolds' North Africa novels, Walt & Leigh Richmon, a few others) but I got them used. They had stopped doing them by the time I got started. I did get the ERB books with the Frazetta Covers from ACE, though.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote