View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #980
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I deviated from my plan to listen to Edward Stewart's Ballerina when I saw Audible's deal on Catherine Pelonero's Kitty Genovese the other day. I've always been fascinated by the Kitty Genovese murder, but as I'm listening I realize how little I knew about the actual facts of the case that became a lasting symbol of urban apathy.

The narrator is Dina Pearlman; her reading is straightforward and a little dry, but it seems to suit the material. I wouldn't want a lot of different character voices for witness statements and reports here; it would seem jarring.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote