View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #7
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBlue View Post
Hello DaltonST, I was really excited when I came across your plugin as I have been wanting to sort out my genre tags for a long time. I have a very extensive library and have been dreading the manual drudgery that I presumed would be required. Alas, after getting through steps 1 and 2 (and reading the instructions PDF), I get to step 3 and there is no 'Derive Genres' icon in my list to add to either the toolbar or the menubar. I recently upgraded to 2.2 of Calibre and thought that may be the issue. I am also on a Macbook which may/may not be relevant.

DuBlue,

Try this:

1) Restart Calibre

2) Uninstall the Plugin

3) Restart Calibre

4) Install the Plugin

5) Restart Calibre

6) Preferences > Toolbar > Click the Main Toolbar to Customize

7) Scan the left column of icons that you do not have, being sure to go to the very bottom

8) When you find Derive Genres, select it and click the > Right Arrow to add it to your Main Toolbar. It will automatically drop to the bottom of the list. Select it and move it upwards to where you wish using the > Green Arrow.

9) Save, close, and Restart Calibre

10) If you have a lot of icons, you may wish to Preferences > Look & Feel > User Interface Layout > Wide.

Having done or attempted the above but the icon still does not appear, reinstall (repair) Calibre 2.2.0 that you have just installed, and start over with Step 1) above.

I just did Steps 1 - 10 above, although mine was working perfectly in the first place, and it once again is back to where it was. I think perhaps you need to Restart Calibre a bit more between steps.

If you used Windows, I would suggest even rebooting the entire pc after reinstalling Calibre 2.2.0 (just on general principles; not for any specific reason).

Last edited by DaltonST; 09-05-2014 at 01:11 PM.