View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #751
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
You can. The answer is because my workflow is to insert the book title and author into a jacket. Books come with varying FN/LNs. So before I add a jacket, the author name is put into FN/LN if necessary. After the jacket has been added, I revert the author name to LN/FN - the order I prefer on my HDD.

At the moment, because I am replacing hundreds of lost tags/comments, my database, as represented in the Calibre booklist columns, has predominantly LN/FN. Although the jacket data are still IN my books, they have vanished from my book list. This means I am having to replace them in the booklist. To ensure uniformity, I am also replacing the jackets. I did ask the question in a separate thread and it seemed there was no way to automate this process. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
OK, conventionally the Authors field would be FN LN, meaning the Author Sorts field would be LN,FN

Can't you just use whichever of these fields presents the data in the correct format for whatever task you're attempting.
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote