View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #12
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bryant View Post
Aaarrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I have now tried ten 4 GB SDHC cards.

Six work in the Mini, four don't. All work in my camera, my tablet, and my Raspberry Pi. Two of the ones that don't work in the Mini are apparently identical to, and were bought at the same time as, two that do work.

Seems to me that Ectaco need to work out what is wrong with their SD card interface hardware or software (or both).
I suspect this is why I was able to get my Mini so cheap -- it was returned to the store by another customer. When I got it, it had a Micro-SD card (in an adapter) installed and didn't work consistently. I tried a couple other cards, and found a few that worked well (and a few that didn't).

Glad it's working!

EDIT: By the way, I've never had a similar problem with my JetBook Lite. It has been happy with any card I've plugged into it.

EDIT #2: And that Micro-SD card works just fine in a no-name Android tablet.

Last edited by cromag; 09-01-2014 at 09:51 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote