View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #71
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Please, let's keep things simple. I'm having a hard enough time convincing those with the power to make it so to act!

For what it's worth, I'm pushing behind the scenes for a new major forum entitled "Everything Audiobooks" right between "E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library" and "Non-English Discussions" with two sub-forums: Audiobook Discussions and Audiobook Hardware/Software/Technical Issues.

Everything you mentioned could fit in one of those two categories, and if participation is such that we audiobibliophiles find we have outgrown our cradle, then we can talk about further divisions. But let's keep things simple as possible in the beginning, if only to get things started.
I agree with keeping it simple. I wish it could be higher up on the page--personally, I almost never even glance below the E-Book General section. I think it would get lost way down in the boondocks, especially for new people. I'd like to see it in that E-Book General section or right after it. Or at least a cross-reference to it up there, where it will have visibility.

And I'd like the deals thread to be in the new forum. After all, the people who are going to be interested in the deals are the same ones who would be interested in the discussions, and vice versa.

Thanks for advocating for an audiobooks forum!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote