View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieTheK View Post
Do you have the updates from Microsoft's latest path Tuesday (08/12) installed? I ask because I installed v 1.48.0 (32-bit) Calibre in parallel with the 64-bit 2.0.0 version and now v 1.48.0 also does not detect the Nexus 7 (2012), whereas it did before. The only changes I made since it last worked were to Calibre (1.48.0 -> 2.0.0) and to the OS from patch Tuesday. With 1.48.0 also not working, the only thing left are the MS patches. If it works for you and you haven't installed the patches, then perhaps it indicates that one of them is at fault. If you have installed the patches, then my problem lies elsewhere.
Yes, I am up-to-date with patches.
Quote:
Edit: I have determined that Windows is not seeing the device, although the device believes that it is connected as an MTP device (implying that the electrical data connection is good). The problem must be somewhere in Windows.
Have you ever installed the Android ADB debugging driver? If so, then MTP will not work. Plug the device in, go to the device manager and see if the device is there. If so, right click on the device, choose update drivers then manually select, and see if there are more then one driver available. If so, pick the MTP driver and not the ADB composite driver. I am typing this from memory so I might not have it right. Google for Nexus 7 Windows 8.1 and you will find more instructions.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote