View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #56
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Iím using OS X 10.5. I donít know if that makes any difference, but the installation didnĎt go smoothly.
Did you incur errors when following the directions? What specifically didn't go smooth?

Quote:
Where are the .pm files supposed to end up? They donít get installed in any of my Perl directories. The CPAN installation persisted in trying to get the Palm libs 1.009 from the locations I specified instead of the current ones. Why is that? Canít I use the ones Iíve already downloaded?
You mean the .pm files that are part of mobiperl? Those are to be copied to your ebook_tools folder. The .pm files that come with mobiperl are NOT the Perl modules that need to be installed by CPAN.

Quote:
So far, the script will say that it has set a title (but doesnít), and always fails to change the author name, giving the message:

Setting extended header data: author - Mister
substr outside of string at /Users/miked/ebook_tools/MobiPerl/MobiHeader.pm line 726.
What command line are you using? (I haven't done this part of the tutorial yet.)

Thanks for trying this out.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote