View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Paperwhite 3 (PW3) features list speculation/wish list

1. Same size device with larger screen. I've always felt the screen was too small. They could easily increase the height of the screen since the bezel is so large. They could also increase the width by reducing the bezel size. After no real upgrade in 2013 I think increased screen size would be considered a true upgrade for the PW. If you compared a 6.75" Kindle PW with the 6" screen competition, the PW would win out easily.

The optimum line length for a book is probably in the 80 to 95 characters per line range. Based on my preferred font size and the narrowest margins allowed, my Kindle only gets around 50 characters per line. If I do landscape I can fit more characters, but it would be nice to have more screen real estate.

2. Faster processor. I still find the PW2 to be sluggish. It's not a deal breaker, obviously, but faster responsiveness would be welcome.

3. Greater control over line spacing and margin spacing. I'm used to Microsoft Word where you can control everything having to do with margins, spacing, font sizes, etc.

Last edited by markbot; 08-19-2014 at 07:20 PM.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote