Thread: Onyx Boox i86
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #63
AscenZ
AscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-booksAscenZ has learned how to read e-books

Device: Onyx Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by babadockia View Post
to fiddle with a device in order to get it closer to a good (not perfect) functionality, will take many users away from these, how someone put it, niche products. me, for instance, I had to root my T68 in order to install an app which allows me to use it in full screen, and then, I had to delete some unnecessary applications, (like phone, telephony and messaging which are not supposed to be on device in the first place) in order to allow the battery to live longer than 3 days. if the new i86 will be like the t68, I am not sure if I'd jump into this wagon. too bad for them, because a great device like the t68 is drawn back by the firmware. c'mon, they had at least 6 months to develop it, and is not even the newest android.
I am astonished to hear there's a phone app on T68. They should have removed it. Did they use an unmodified version of pristine Android?

Bear in mind that this is a rather small company that has only recently switched to Android platform. I expect that now that the OS on all their newer devices has been unified, they can focus all developer hours into this single platform and update all devices at the same time in the future.
AscenZ is offline   Reply With Quote