View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #48
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
EWIPlayer -- Are you on the windlist? I play the WX5/VL70m combination.

I am very happy with the 700 -- the speed of page turns and book opening is terrific. The length of time after loading the reader with well over 1000 books (the increased memory is wonderful!) and then detaching from the computer was about the same amount of time I used to wait for my 500 to be ready to read when I only had 300 books on it.

And the new UI is fast and easy, too.

I was nervous after all these negative reactions, but the new reader is great. Different from the 505, but better in so many ways. And definitely a huge leap upward from my 500. I'm hooked, it's staying.

And my wife liked the screen, too. I really don't understand all this negative reaction.

But I'm ready to accept that people don't like it -- I have no problem with that. If a person finds it hard to read from, then there's nothing I can do about it.

I do however think that if a person finds it perfectly fine to read from the 700 screen, I really shouldn't get snide remarks about buying old PDAs.

One other thing - the new version of the Library software installs perfectly on a Vista-64 computer and the reader is recognized instantly as either an external drive or by the library software.

No complaints at all from me about it.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote