View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 03:31 AM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I suggest you go back and ACTUALLY READ what you wrote. Quoting you:

Quote:
I feel as though using a simple ePUB for this purpose is less of an "intermediate" method than using Calibre, for the reasons amply elaborated upon by Diap. What's "intermediate" about an ePUB, all in all? If I make a mobi, and then crack it open, by using an ePUB-->KP or KG, at least what I see when I crank that sucker open is recognizable by me. No weird flattened CSS, (per se) etc. It's the book as I made it--with some "help" from Amazon, of course.
Now go back and ACTUALLY READ what I wrote

Quote:
And just to be precise, here are your statement that are incorrect

1) The editor does not flatten css
2) Using the editor to edit AZW3 directly is *far more* direct a method of editing a book than editing the EPUB and then running it through kindlegen
And finally, take some time to realize that when you make incorrect statements on a public forum about someone else's work, that someone is perfectly entitled to correct those statements, regardless of whatever disclaimers you prefix your statements with.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote