View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #19
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
I...I too was concerned, so ran OI 0.1 "Live" from my SD Card, but it was way too unstable. So I flashed the firmware and it was much nicer. Worth trying, and as I said, you can't really "brick" the BeBook so any problems are resolved with another firmware flash back to the original BeBook firmware (e.g. their Mobi2 version of Nov 2008)....
Yeah, the SD Card version is pretty unstable. When it works, it's great, but last night it froze up a couple of times. You make a good point about flashing the firmware, I may try that.

It's just that I'm not that much of a computer guy so I was scared. But hey, I've had it for two days now, so what the heck. I'm gonna try it today over lunch.

So to go back to the original BeBook Firmware, do I get that from somewhere (I couldn't find it on their site) or will the firmware updates that they release do the trick?
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote