View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:18 AM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ Coop View Post
AO

I am converting my .epub file with the latest version of Kindle Previewer and uploading that file which is created. That comes with a .mobi suffix. [In any case KDP does not allow you to upload KF8/AZW3 files directly.]

That uploaded file, a .mobi, must have the full font information attached because I can see the font correctly with the Previewer during the uploading process.\
That .mobi should be a hybrid file that contains Mobi (Mobi7), KF8 (Mobi8)and the ePub source files (you can use the KindleUnpack plugin for Calibre to split it into parts & see). So in theory when someone buys they get either an AZW (old Mobi, no embedded fonts supported) or AZW3/KF8 (with embedded fonts) depending on what their device or app supports.

I don't know if the Cloud Viewer supports KF8 & embedded fonts or not. If it doesn't and it only supports the older format you'll never see your embedded fonts with that viewer no matter what you do. Perhaps someone here knows what formats the Cloud Viewer supports.

EDIT: If this post is still accurate then the Cloud Reader only supports old Mobi (azw/Mobi7)
http://leeds-ebooks.co.uk/blog/2013/...upporting-kf8/

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-26-2014 at 02:36 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote