View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #28996
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
When I was seventeen, it was a very good year
It was a very good year for small town girls
And soft summer nights
We'd hide from the lights
On the village green
When I was seventeen
------------------------------->
But now the days are short, I'm in the autumn of my years
And I think of my life as vintage wine
From fine old kegs
From the brim to the dregs
It poured sweet and clear
It was a very good year

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j13JwniUs2A )

I've just 'returned' from my 50th High School Reunion... Class of '64... Memories....It was a very good year.

Good morning, everyone. Back in the States, my classmates are winding down the reunion that's been going on all day. One of the members owns a children's daycamp, and volunteered to host an afternoon of play and an evening BBQ. About 60 people showed up, most who only knew each other from the internet Alumnae Facebook page, although we all knew each other's names. Our graduating class had 1,352 seniors (plus another 150+/- that didn't graduate...) so we really only knew those we sat next to in class... Several people brought laptops or iPads, and those of us too far away to make the trip 'joined' the party via Skype, with conference calls linking us all together. But it seems as if everyone got old... A nice trip down memory lane!

New Ceylon tea this Sunday morning, as we get ready to challenge the day. First challenge will be breakfast. No Food Lady on Sundays, but I think we are up to the task. Then perhaps a ride though the mountains before the Rainy Season makes the roads impassible. All in all, a good start on what looks to become a very nice day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Thanks, cromag. Much better now, and we'll watch carefully to make sure I don't have another problem with it. Enough better to have some Talisker Storm.
Charlie, good to hear the good news. Ventolin used to make me really wired, as, I suppose, would most bronchiodialtors. I always hated the feeling. I'm glad I was able to get free of them.

OK... on to breakfast!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote