View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #877
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I should add that I'm giving this a big thumbs up. It's very much off the beaten track. I had to re-read the last chapter online after composing the post above to get the full impact of this metaphysical mystery.
This is going on my list. One reason I'd like an audiobooks subforum is that I'd appreciate Librivox recommendations, as Librivox must be a very mixed bag.

While swimming, I've started listening to The Mauritius Command, the fourth in the Aubrey/Maturin series, narrated by Simon Vance and it's wonderful. Among other sterling aspects, these books are so witty; I'd say lol-funny except for the swimming bit. *glug* A friend made me promise to try these books and I enjoyed the first enough to buy the whole shebang at 95% off; then when I saw the second book available immediately in audio on Overdrive I thought I'd give that a try. Those remaining 20 books will never be read. They're an even better listen than read.

While driving/walking I'm listening to Birds Without Wings by Louis de Bernières, narrated by John Lee and equally terrific. I've bumped up the speed to 1.25X as Lee's narration is a tad slow; just the same I will look out other books by him as he's a marvelous reader.

Speaking of narrators, I'm fairly new to audiobooks and I think it's notable that so far, Simon Vance and Nadia May have provided close to two-thirds of my listens (fiction and non for both). I think they're both great, but I admit that I recently cued up another Nadia May only to realize I needed a break from her.

I love how I can consume more content with audiobooks! I'm on my 12th and 13th books since becoming a convert in March.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote