View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by missimpossible View Post
Thanks for the advice, certainly food for thought! I'm not 100% convinced that I would hate the native fonts on the Kindle anyway but it's nice to have options. Such a hard decision to make!
One benefit of the Kindle not having user-installable fonts is that the supplied fonts can be (and are) optimised for the Kindle's screen, and hence have higher contrast than the user-installable fonts on some other devices. When the Kobo Aura HD first came out, there were quite a few complaints here on MR about how "grey" its fonts appeared. Personally I think the Kindle's fonts are just fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote