View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #205
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrunk View Post
I don't like the store interface
I agree that the interface is terrible. But I stopped using Amazon as my primnary pbook source years ago because I found its changed interface to be horrible, unwieldy, and unmanageable. I've since stopped buying from Amazon for other reasons. I much prefer the Barnes & Noble interface and now buy all my pbooks from B&N.

Quote:
For whatever reason, fictionwise best emulates that experience.
Several times I have tried to buy from Fictionwise but have been frustrated by its system, and have never bought a book from Fictionwise. I admit that I don't like the micropay system, which doesn't help matters. But I also don't find the Fictionwise interface any better than the Sony one. Each has significant faults and could be better designed.

Quote:
And, the books at Sony are too expensive.
This depends on what you are looking for. I agree that Amazon is generally cheaper than any other ebook retailer, but then Amazon seems to have no qualms about selling books at a loss, something that other ebook sellers do not do (and for good reason) with the consistency of Amazon. But my experience is that Sony is very competitive with Books on Board and Fictionwise, often selling books at a lower price than either.

The advantage that Fictionwise has is with the micropay system, which results in a future discount. But that requires buying into the Fictionwise system, something I have not yet been convinced to do.

If you compare the Fictionwise straight retail price with the Sony straight retail price, Sony is very competitive.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote