Okay, I don't know much about this stuff, but I can point you to some info with the hopes that some of it might be helpful. I'm kind of like the blind man shooting at a bottle on the fence. Not likely to break the bottle, but it's fun to shoot!
I can't tell with a quick look, but there is some information for Mobipocket developers here... http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/default.asp
including some of the book creator software (maybe with documentation on the format?), and the DOM (Document Object Format) http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...reader_dom.xml
Unfortunately, that probably doesn't help you read as it might be the code that gets compiled into the final format, so I don't know if it's helpful to you.
would indicate that it really is an Open eBook implementation:
Based on standards
- First implementation of Open-eBook specification for PDAs
- Builds a unique cross-platform eBook file format (XDOC PRC)
- Integration with any third party HTML/XML editor
- Support of CSS style sheets
Advanced import functions
- Import TXT/HTML file
- Import Microsoft Word / RTF / PowerPoint Documents
All HTML / CSS tags supported, including
Support of MetaData
- Displayed by the Reader (eBook info menu)
Support of Guides
- Displayed by the Reader as additional menu items in the navigation menu
but of course that doesn't mean it's not extended.