View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badakongdonk View Post
I was following instructions from something or other and when in the menu I selected 'install fastboot'. It then went to the "DIAGS EXIT" screen which is where I'm stuck now.

I've been trying both MFGtool and fastboot and neither of those seem to be working. But I also can't get the fastboot driver to install due to a Windows error: "A service installation section of this INF is invalid." And I don't know what else to do.

So maybe someone can at least tell me if this device is permanently bricked or not.

Thank you much
It would be easier to answer if we knew what you had done already.
At least a link to the:
"I was following instructions from something or other"
and how far you have (had) gotten.

Are you certain of which model Kindle you have?
Where did you get the utilities that you are using?

Was any of the above from this site?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote