View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #831
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorram View Post
Hi Willus, I just stumbled across your amazing tool and thought I should repeat thousands others in thanking you for your efforts and persistence to improve it!

I was wondering if anyone has tried using Calibre to convert the resulting PDFs into MOBIs. I wanted to search for answers to this question but didn't find any meaningful results.

The reason i ask is because I'm dying to have PDF covers in cover view and from what I've read so far it seems that no matter how good the PDF output is, it's most likely that covers don't show for PDFs on the kindle (i have a kindle paperwhite).

For this reason only I'm considering converting to MOBI. For bitmap-based PDFs i guess the conversion is painless but i'd rather have the native output PDFs and so i was wondering if Calibre's conversion to MOBI would screw up your brilliant results. Has anybody tried that?
@Jorram -- thank you for the post and nice comments. Unfortunately I have little first hand experience with calibre or MOBI files. But there should be a number of experts here at MR. I wonder if your post wouldn't be better off in the MOBI sub-forum? You could request that a moderator move it if you think so. Hopefully some others will chime in.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote