View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 04:47 AM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
actually a lot less than I thought it was gonna have in there. 184 aint none but meh.

Encouraging
It is enough to "apt-get" anything else from the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS repository.

To make that work, I will have to mangle the "apt-get install" thingy to munge the executable and library headers + pre-pend our /mnt/us/esys tree to the installation point.

Which in turn means I will probably have to learn how to handle the snake (Python).

I expect the LuaJit.FFI interface to also help in that cause.

= = = =

Is this all worthwhile ?
I am not sure but this has one big advantage over running a distro in a loop mounted chroot - - -

Still have runtime access to all the existing Amazon system functions.
(Which can't be done from inside a chroot.)

Doing it all from FAT32 is just PFM.
(Entry #3: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PFM -
it dates back to before networking was even a wet dream in DARPA's eye.)

Last edited by knc1; 06-18-2014 at 10:27 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote