View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No idea if this works but ... here is a posting on bulk converting .doc to .docx.

http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...l=1#post897974
Quote:
As I understand it, you're wanting to batch convert your .doc to .docx files. There's a way to do it, but it's not exactly elegant.

Here's the process: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ericwhite/ar...c-to-docx.aspx

A quick summary:
  1. Download and install Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack. You have to install this even though you have Office 2007.
  2. Download and install Microsoft Office Migration Planning Manager (MOMPM).
  3. Edit the OFC.INI file in the MOMPM in the Tools directory and save it.
  4. Run OFC.EXE which is located in the same directory.
According to the article above, this will batch convert all your .doc files to .docx -- if I were you, I'd try it on just a sampling of files copied into a test directory. Make sure the files are useable by opening them in Office. If you're happy, re-edit OFC.INI to use the real directory your files are saved to, and have at it.

Of course, you know to BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP before you do anything...

Personally, I'd just save each file as .docx as I used it. Or not upgrade to Office 2007 (still using 2003 and not gonna change it).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote