View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #75
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSo View Post
The Glo battery really last twice as long as the Aura or Aura HD (the main kobo site : Glo - 70 hours vs Aura - 2 months * which is 30 minutes per day which is 30 hours) (they are a little here, lol)
The battery spec for the Glo on the Kobo site is a bit weird:

Quote:
Over 1 month with Wi Fi turned off**
Up to 70 hours of continuous usage with ComfortLight on***
With the notes:

Quote:
**Battery life is measured with Wi Fi turned off.
***Actual results are based on individual usage and may vary.
The first line suggests more than 15 hours of battery life (assuming the 30 minutes a day that is used elsewhere). The second line implies a LOT longer if the light is on. And the word "continuous" suggests that if I turn the light on and keep it on, then it lasts 70 hours. But, if it is turned on and off, it will be a shorter.

My experience with my Glo suggest maybe 40 hours. That is with the WiFi on, the light on about 50% of the time and allowing sleep after 15 minutes and never power off. From comments in the Kobo forum, I think the Aura HD is about the same. I can't think of comments about the Aura.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote