View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 06:25 AM   #14
maakros
maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!maakros , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Some feedback,

After a couple of days of use at work I can say that it is really a good substitute of paper. In my honest opinion, it is the first device that it is close that can be used professionally as epaper. It needs however some refinements to be incorporated to make it competely functional (in my oppinion, all are minor tweaks, and not limited by the current technology implemented in the device, either sofware or hardware wise).

The device is very responsive (given the limitations of e-ink technology), battery seems to last as specified (no time yet to confirm), reads drawings reasonably well (I am an engineer and I have tried A3 single drawings over 1mb without any problem, zoom etc are acceptably fast/useful.

- Ability to communicate with other devices via Wifi in a more flexible way than WebDav (Dropbox? Beaming files o android/iphone for emailing attachments etc?).

- Ability to extract single or multiple annotated pages from an existing pdf.

- Ability to change filenames/ basic file operatios from the device (cut,paste,move, create folders) to get a better organization. This is not a major deal as it can be done while connected with a usb cable.

If the three above are implemented the device would be simply perfect as first iteration of really functional epaper.

Still using the japanese version and getting used to it.

Again if anyone has access to the english firmware with instructions of how to install it, it would be very much appreciated.
maakros is offline   Reply With Quote