View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 02:25 PM   #708
booklover6
Wizard
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, HD, Glo, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa View Post
I like what you did. As I did exactly the same thing! I am a greedy person so I put in 32GB cards into mine. Of the three I opened up two had 2GB cards and only one had 4GB card. The one with 4GB card has a whiter (sharper) screen. Where I am there is no slim case to buy. I could order some over Rakuten but I'm too stingy. Really love my minis too as they are the only ones that fit into pockets.

I am not brave enough (yet) to root the Nook ST... I think I will just keep it the way it came.
I only had a class 10 32gb card on hand, and I thought it best to stick with class 4 cards, so I used my 16gb, on the one. I found it harder to get the back back on, then to get it off. One of mine is still not right, but it's fine.

Rooting the Nook ST with NookManager is very easy. When I did it last year, I found that returning to stock was difficult. (I was selling that one. This one I am keeping). With Cool Reader and my favorite font, it's a very nice machine, and much faster than my kindle Paperwhite 1.

Of course none of those is better than my Kobo(s), as I am sure you agree.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote