View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #15
Adminer
Adminer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi!

Thank you for your code. Did you think to do that on flat file database? I'm thinking to do the same in PHP - but on my windows localhost.
That localhost and ebook portal may be for me and for my family.
I was trying to install your code on UniServerZ from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mini...form%20Server/

but my phpadmin when I import sql file into elibsrvdb databese, said an error:

Error
SQL query:
CREATE TABLE books (file VARCHAR NOT NULL, crc32 BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, author VARCHAR NOT NULL, title VARCHAR NOT NULL, language VARCHAR NOT NULL, description VARCHAR NOT NULL);
MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'NOT NULL, crc32 BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, author VARCHAR NOT NULL, title VARC' at line 1

What do you think about to do this code without any MySQL database - but only on flat file database and txt files?

I'm in razorCMS 2.xx support team and this CMS is perfect to be a frontdoor for your plugin code. I was created many www portals with more then 100 pages - and they works perfect on flat database.

CMS on flat file database - works even on your pendrive - using localhost software. It's the power of easy nice looking skins. Bloging or comments may be there too - you can write a simple article about books, eReaders, etc...
And we may have password protected pages with ebooks. And member area for your family who may wants to download recomended ebooks too. Sorting tools. Pagination. Tree menu. Importing files one by one from folders. Voting script... Everything with the power of PHP and jQuery.

It's may be full private ebook www portal for you and your family with many possibilities - this plugins may have password secured access to the ebook pages, tokens for ebook filenames, members area for downloading/uploading ebooks or to upload new free ebook proposals for me by my friends.

But everything should works on flat file database, and txt files - and should be very easy to run - by one click. MySQL is good, you are buying a simple car - not a bus station ;-)
Flat file database is perfect to use for all home users.
What do you think about? And to create your code portable?

Regards

Last edited by Adminer; 05-29-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Adminer is offline   Reply With Quote