View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #43
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
My extend it forever sentiment is based on one factor - property. If someone creates a work, they should be allowed to keep it forever.

I'm at odds with current laws on property rights and that places me in an extremely small minority around here. To me, property is property. I make no distinction between tangible and intangible property.

Since there's little chance that my views would ever get enacted into law, I strongly favor extensions as the best way to achieve perpetual copyright.
Well, at least you recognize that yours is a minority view! Reminds me of that 'me against the world' stuff of Ayn Rand which I never did get.

But, surely, no man is an island. We are social beings. We are educated mostly at public expense, we benefit from the wisdom of those that went before and, hopefully, in our small way, contribute to the common good and the betterment of society after we're gone.

We stand on the shoulders of others. We are all part of the one and all. And no-one gets to stop the planet and get off if they don't like what's happening.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote